Tuesday, April 20, 2010

:: Excuses for coming to work late ::

  1. I had to teach the temps on how to use the equipment.
  2. Do you know how long it takes to give a dollar to every Santa you see?
  3. I was in a meeting. ..... What, you weren't invited? That's messed up.
  4. It's always in crises after another.
  5. I had to show the new worker something.
  6. Your watch must be fast.
  7. Don't be too hasty in judging me and then trying to oust me. If I am found to have done something wrong, then I ask to be forgiven. - Indonesian President Abdurrahman Wahid, who is alleged to have been involved in two financial scandals involving some six million dollars, and who acknowledged that according to the results of the last election, his deputy, Megawati Sukarnoputri, should have been elected president.
  8. The new manager needed some help understanding the reports that were filed by.....
  9. I got pinned down by Charlie.
  10. I wasn't late. I just failed to be on time.
  11. I'm working on getting everyone in position.
  12. I'm very busy at the moment.
  13. I wasn't paying attention.
  14. You never asked any of the other workers that.
  15. Well you see, it's like this...
  16. Funny you should ask.
  17. The trouble with being punctual is that nobody's there to appreciate it. - Franklin P. Jones
  18. I shouldn't have said what I am reported to have said, and if I did, I apologize. - Jon S. Corzine
  19. Someone wanted to be a farmer; so I gave them a couple of arce's. - From The Last Action Hero
  20. I'm working on the next big thing.
  21. Want to talk about it over a bite to eat?
  22. I fell asleep in the shower.
  23. I ran into a parade.
  24. You didn't call to wake me up.
  25. I didn't want to play the game.
  26. I didn't want to seem to eager.
  27. I hear you're getting a pony.
  28. I was to busy sleeping to be on time.
  29. Let me get back to you.
  30. If I did that, I'd be real surprised.
  31. I'm very glad you asked that question; because that brings us right back to the issue of .....
  32. Is it Spring forward or Spring back?
  33. Could I get back to you?
  34. I'm not late, I'm early for next time. sticking my head in a moose. - Samuel Goldwyn
  35. I had a top level meeting with (Insert name of someone inportant here).
  36. Is it Fall forward or Fall back?
  37. Have you seen my baseball?
  38. I was, uh.....
  39. Could you please repeat the question?
  40. You should have told be to be here on time.
  41. I saw Elvis.
  42. It's not like I'm paid to come here.
  43. I thought time was on my side.
  44. I had to speak to the man in charge.
  45. That's all right, it's not my fault; all I need is some more training.
  46. I had to catch a Pokemon.
  47. I was, well you know...
  48. I couldn't find my clothes.

No comments: