Sunday, April 05, 2009

::A tragic loss::

Today is a sad day in both my world and the Singapore entertainment world. Abdullah Sani, a great malay actor passed away on Saturday evening leaving behind many children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. He was this man, on which his life i use asa litmus paper to gauge how i want to be when i grow to his age. He was an articulate, famous, well liked person that nobody can ever hate or feel bitter too. I remember once, i was in a car with him and his wife, and throughout the whole journey all he and his wife did was talk about everything and anything under the sun. I smiled and thinked to myself, if i can be half of what they both are right now, i would be truly blessed. Every Hari Raya, my family would visit his house, and he is truly the family man. solving his grandchildren problems, reminding them about their parents, reminding them what being in a family is all about. He cracks jokes about his mishaps and misfortunes. Never have i seen him complain about life. He was diagnosed with diabeties and got his toes cut off. But all he could say was he walks funny now and will always stray to his left while walking as though he is a car with only 3 tires. Never did he complain about the pain. Never did he say he missed that toe he lost. I saw his movies and his acting was pure class. I am lucky and thankful that i have his blood in me. My brother is the luckiest person alive because he got to be the last person ever to have this beloved person represent him for his engagement. Something that i can never have but really want.

I regret not being there when you are being buried. I regret not being able to show you who i'm going to end up marrying. I am truly sorry for this and i wish that you are really at a happy place right now.

Abdullah Sani was a gifted actor and the best great grandfather a person can ever ask for. He was loved by the screen, by everyone of all races and by me, his great grandson. I will truly miss you Nyoyang Sani. I am so sorry that i wasn't there. I really am.
Abdullah Sani.... The greatest person in my world. I miss you already.

No comments: